Collection of Personal Information
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable whether the information is true or not.
We collect information that is directly related to the products and services you choose. The kind of personal information we collect can include: basic contact details (name, postal address, telephone number, or e-mail), demographic details such as age and/or gender, and products you are interested in.
Generally, we will collect personal information directly from you, and only to the extent necessary to provide the product or service you requested or to carry out our internal administrative operations. We may collect personal information from you when you:
- fill in an application form;
- deal with us over the telephone or through any Device;
- purchase a product;
- e-mail us;
- submit your personal details through the Website;
- create an account with us;
- ask us to contact you after visiting the Website; or
- agree to complete an on-line survey.
We may also collect solicited personal information indirectly, through some publicly available sources, or through social media sites, like Facebook, Twitter, Google and others, who disclose to their users that the users’ personal information is provided to businesses like Moose. We will collect personal information from you by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonable way.
Using Personal Information
We will collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the purposes of providing or offering goods and services to you, for any purposes that you may reasonably expect, for any other purpose authorised by law, or for any other purposes with your consent (whether express or implied). This may include disclosures to organisations that provide us with technical and support services, and professional advice.
We use personal information in the following ways to:
- provide you with news and information about our products and services;
- provide, deliver, source, administer, and improve our products and services;
- provide marketing offers through direct marketing, database compilation, market research, data analysis and segmentation, and the processing or creation of other marketing information;
- communicate with you such as responding to queries and complaints;
- provide you with functionality on the Website, and customising and improving your online experience with us;
- personalise your experience with our products and services, for example, via connectivity with social media services;
- send you marketing and promotional material that we believe you may be interested in; or
- seek your feedback for market research purposes. Participation in feedback such as online surveys is completely voluntary and anonymous. It will not be used to gather identifying information about any individual
You may at any time request that we discontinue sending you emails or other communications.
Your personal information may also be used and disclosed to protect our rights or property and that of our users and, where appropriate, to comply with legal processes, which may include disclosures to law enforcement, regulatory or government agencies.
From time to time we may use the personal information we collect from you to identify particular products and services which we believe may be of interest to you. We may then contact you to let you know about these products and services and how they may benefit you. Every directly addressed marketing contact sent or made by Moose will include a means by which you may unsubscribe (or opt out) of receiving further marketing information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of Moose who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of their personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Further, you may instruct us at any time to remove any previous consent you provided to receive marketing communications from us. Requests should be directed to our Data Protection Officer – DPO@moosetoys.com.
Entrants in Competitions, Contests and Sweepstakes
We may offer competitions, sweepstakes and contests through the Website that may require registration. By participating in a competition, contest or sweepstake, you agree to the terms, conditions and/or official rules that govern that particular promotion. If you choose to enter a competition, sweepstake or contest, we may disclose personal information to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such competition, contest or sweepstake, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the official rules, such as on a winners’ list.
We collect information from suppliers that is directly related to the products and services Moose and its customers purchase and provide. This information may contain personal information such as the name and contact details of the contact people at each supplier. Generally, we will collect personal information directly from the contact person but some information may be provided by third parties.
We use information from suppliers in the following ways to:
- provide you with news and information about our products and services;
- be supplied, products or services;
- communicate including responding to queries and complaints;
- maintain quality control and product safety; or
- produce innovative products.
We collect information from job candidates. This information will contain personal information such as name, address, employment history and referee details. Generally, we will collect personal information directly from the job candidate but some information may be provided by third parties providing human resource services. Job candidate personal information will be used for recruitment purposes and to evaluate the job candidate’s application. Where we wish to use the information for other purposes we will seek your agreement beforehand.
We do not disclose personal information to third parties unless we are permitted to do so by law or you have given us your consent to do so. Third parties we may disclose personal information to include:
- our related companies;
- our service providers including IT service providers, major delivery companies, mail houses and third party fulfilment contractors;
- our professional advisors including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- payment system operators and financial institutions; or
- government agencies.
Some of our service providers provide services to us entirely or partly from locations outside your jurisdiction and we may in order to receive those services occasionally transfer personal information to such other jurisdictions (where the information may be available to the government of these other jurisdictions), including where:
- we use service providers, cloud computing solutions or data storage located in other jurisdictions;
- we, or our related bodies corporate, have offices in other jurisdictions;
- we need to comply with foreign legal or regulatory requirements; or
- an international payment has been made.
Your personal information may be stored or processed outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). These countries may not have the same data protection laws as the EEA. If we transfer your information outside of the EEA, we will take appropriate steps to ensure that your information is adequately protected.
Accessing and checking the personal information we hold about you
You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you. This right is subject to certain exceptions (see below) allowed by law. The file containing your personal information will be kept on our servers and those of our service providers
Moose will, upon your request to the Data Protection Officer (see Contact Us), and subject to applicable privacy laws, provide you with access to your personal information that is held by us. However, we ask that you identify, as clearly as possible, the type(s) of information requested. Moose will deal with your request in a reasonable time. Depending on the breadth of your request, we may recover from you our reasonable costs incurred in supplying you with access to this information.
We rely on the accuracy of the information you provide to us. If you think that we may hold information about you that is incorrect in any way, please contact us and we will correct any errors or inaccuracies where required.
Your right to access your personal information is not absolute. In some circumstances, the law permits us to refuse your request to provide you with access to your personal information. Such circumstances may include where:
- access would pose a serious threat to the life or health of any individual;
- access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- the request is frivolous;
- the information relates to a commercially-sensitive decision-making process;
- access would be unlawful;
- access may prejudice enforcement activities, a security function or commercial negotiations.
Moose is committed to keeping your trust by protecting and securing your personal information. We have in place reasonable commercial standards of technology and operational security to protect all personal information provided to us from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We limit access to personal information to individuals with a business need consistent with the reason the information was provided. We keep personal information only for as long as it is required for business purposes or by the law.
Information collected automatically
We may collect information automatically such as browser type, operating system, and web pages visited to help us manage our Website.
- the type of browser and operating system you are using;
- your Internet Service Provider and top level domain name (for example – .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc);
- the address of any referring website (for example – the previous website you visited); and
- your computer’s IP (Internet Protocol) address (a number which is unique to the machine through which you are connected to the internet).
This information is used by Moose for aggregated statistical analyses or systems administration purposes only. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities, except where required by law.
When you interact with us on the internet, our system automatically sends you a ‘cookie’. A cookie is a small amount of information sent from a web server to your computer, electronic tablet or smart phone that enables your device to be recognised. It is used to handle your internet sessions on that device and contains a unique identifier.
Other information stored by the cookie includes website traffic data. This data is not used to identify individual details. We only collate the data into anonymous results in order to evaluate and improve our internet user ability and services. You may disable cookies using your browser’s preferences, but some features of the Website may not function if you do so.
How long do we keep your personal information
We will keep your personal information as long as your account is active or as long as it is needed to provide a product or service. If you would like to cancel your account or for us to delete your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer – DPO@moosetoys.com. We will only keep information that we need for legal reasons, to resolves disputes or to enforce our agreements.
If you have a query or question about this policy, please contact our Data Protection Officer at DPO@moosetoys.com. Or by mail at: Data Protection Officer, 29 Grange Road, Cheltenham, Victoria, 3192, Australia.
If you would like to make a complaint about the way we process your personal data you can contact the relevant Data Protection Authority (DPA). Please contact us to find out more.
Changes to This Policy
Safety on the Internet
Please remember that whenever you voluntarily give personal information publicly online – for example on message boards, through e-mail, or in chat areas – that information can be collected and used by others. If you provide personal information on forums like that – you do so at your own risk.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of Moose who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of their personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail toDPO@moosetoys.com. These services will respect your browser’s Do Not Track signals (or other well-established, commercially available mechanisms that provide you with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of Personal Information). If we receive a Do Not Track notice, we will stop using any Personal Information for online behavioral advertising purposes.
For Canadian Residents
We may send you marketing communications by e-mail, text message or other electronic means unless you did not opt-in when required or have opted-out from receiving further messages. You may at any time opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes by contacting our Data Protection Officer – see Contact Us above.